Author: Lauren Gleim, email@example.com
With Thanksgiving one week away, it’s that time of year we share our appreciation for those around us. Your friends and family will gather together to share in holiday traditions, maybe watch some football and feast on delicious food. Since I am such a sentimental gal, I’d like to share my appreciation by helping you with a little mobile marketing.
Here are 5 tips to help you increase your institution’s mobile banking adoption:
- Provide a mobile banking app rich with features that will simplify life for your customers. Of course I like an app that I am able to check my account balances. However, if I can pay my bills, transfer money, send P2P payments, and make check deposits with that same app, even better! I just came back from a 5 day trip to Mexico, and while I was in the Charlotte airport I realized I needed to pay our Verizon bill. Luckily, I was able to access my account and pay my bill directly from my mobile banking app in about a minute. One less thing to worry about while on vacation.
- Get your employees engaged with your app. Your first line of communication with your customers is your staff. Use this opportunity and engage your employees with your mobile banking app. Train them and encourage them to use it. Your employees can promote the benefits and ease of use when they call or visit your branch. For your customers who prefer a little more hand-holding, your employees can be your best advocate to raise awareness of your mobile banking app, to walk them through how to use the app, and to reassure them of any security concerns.
- Cross-promote your services. Your institution has internet banking. Use this to your advantage. Encourage usage by displaying a banner ad within internet banking about how easy it is to use your mobile banking app. Add a demo on how to add a payee or pay a person. If you send a monthly newsletter to your customers, add a section about how secure it is to use your mobile banking app.
- Use social media to your advantage and reach a wider audience. Whether you are trying to gain younger customers or retain your older ones, many customers use social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram. Share a demo or a FAQ page about your mobile banking app. Let your customers know they can check their account on Black Friday right from their phone.
- Utilize push notifications. Have you ever downloaded an app, but then never used it because you weren’t sure about all of the features? This is where push notifications can be useful. Highlight your P2P functionality. With winter approaching, you can send a little message about snow delays or when your branch is closed. Remember there are numerous avenues to reach your customers. Make use of them.
Happy customers, leads to customer retention. Remind them why they bank with you and increase your mobile banking adoption while you’re at it.
Need ideas for marketing your mobile banking app? Our iPay Resource Center offers FREE mobile banking marketing materials. Share your app and show how your customers can use it.